Below is the current CTP Exam Schedule Please read all of the information below before submitting registration forms and fees.
- You must hold a current Provisional Certification in the respective area for the test you wish to take before you will be allowed to register for an exam.
- You must obtain exam study materials from your Staff Development Officer.
- Preparation for all exams is on a self-study and self-paced basis within the individual’s 24 month provisional certification period.
- The Exam Fee is payable by check or money order only; do not send cash; make check or money order payable to MS Department of Mental Health.
- Please be aware when you see the letters “IDD,” they stand for “Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities” which has replaced the “MR” in the name for the Mental Retardation (MR) Therapist Program. The exam for the IDD Therapist Program has not changed and is the same as the previous MR Module II exam.
- The Mental Health (MH) Therapist exam is the same as the MH Module II exam.
- All types of exams and re-exams will be offered simultaneously.
- Each individual holding provisional certification is allowed up to four opportunities to take and pass the required exam within his/her 24 month provisional certification period.
- The fees and forms for the Examination (1st opportunity) and Re-examination (2nd, 3rd and 4th opportunities) are different. When registering, please be sure to use the appropriate Registration Form and submit the appropriate fee. The Exam Fee is payable by check or money order only; do not send cash; make check or money order payable to MS Department of Mental Health.
- Registrations for exams/re-exams need to be received in the PLACE office at least 5 working days prior to the exam date. All registration forms and fees must be received together to be accepted.
- PLACE staff will send confirmation by email when your registration and fees are received. Please notice that an email address is REQUIRED on the registration form.
- Please check the availability of the exam before registering, as exams will close when full or when the registration deadline has passed.
- The Division of Professional Licensure and Certification reserves the right to reschedule the examination if necessary. (a possible occurrence would be in the case of inclement weather.) Notification of rescheduling will be in the form of email. Notification of reschedule could be as late as 8:00 am the morning of the scheduled examination. We suggest checking your email 24 hours prior to the scheduled time as well as the morning of the scheduled examination.
- Please contact the Division of PLACE at the Department of Mental Health at 601-359-1288 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions or need additional information.
|Date||Location||Link to Registration Form||Availability|
|July 13, 2015||Pine Belt Mental Healthcare
|Exam Registration Form||OPEN|
|August 10, 2015||Weems Mental Health Center
|Exam Registration Form||OPEN|
|September 14, 2015||
Community Counseling Services
West Point, MS
|October 12, 2015||
South MS Regional Center
Long Beach, MS
|November 9, 2015||
North MS Regional Center
|December 7, 2015||
DMH Central Office