Professional Licensure and Certification
COVID-19 PLACE Updates
Verification of Certification Requests:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we kindly encourage our DMH providers to refrain from requesting wide-scale verification of certifications.
DMH PLACE Exams:
DMH PLACE Exam Days will be held in accordance with CDC and MSDH COVID-19 pandemic guidelines in place at the time of testing.
- Please continue to monitor the PLACE page of the DMH website (including the Exam Registration page) and the DMH Facebook page for any updates, including upcoming exam dates.
- For additional information, including exam registration information and DMH PLACE COVID-19 Exam Day/Exam Site policy, please visit the DMH PLACE Examination Registration Link.
- If the COVID-19 pandemic guidelines change, then upcoming test dates could be affected.
Please continue to monitor this site as well as the DMH Facebook page for updates.
The Mississippi Department of Mental Health (DMH) Division of Professional Licensure and Certification (PLACE) is responsible for developing and implementing licensure and certification programs for categories of professionals who are employed at programs which are operated, funded and/or certified by the Mississippi Department of Mental Health (DMH). The network of programs fitting this description is collectively referred to as Mississippi’s “state mental health system.”
Employment in Mississippi’s “state mental health system,” as defined above, is a mandatory requirement to apply for and hold a DMH professional credential. DMH PLACE Professional Credentialing Rules and Requirements Effective Date – May 1, 2017: This document contains the rules and requirements for all Mississippi Department of Mental Health professional credentialing programs administered through the DMH Division of PLACE.
DMH PLACE Professional Credentialing Programs
DMH currently offers the following credentialing programs administered through PLACE:
DMH Mental Health Therapist Program
DMH Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Therapist Program
DMH Addictions Therapist Program
DMH Community Support Specialist Program
DMH Licensed Administrator Program
DMH PLACE Professional Credentialing Complaint Form
This is the official form for filing a complaint with the Mississippi Department of Mental Health (DMH) Division of Professional Licensure and Certification (PLACE).
How do I get more information?
- General inquiries pertaining to DMH professional credentialing programs administered through the DMH Division of PLACE and/or application assistance needs should be directed to the DMH Division of PLACE.
- The rules and requirements document and the application forms are currently available for download on this website or by contacting the DMH Division of PLACE.
Mississippi Department of Mental Health (DMH)
Division of Professional Licensure and Certification (PLACE)
1101 Robert E. Lee Building
239 North Lamar Street
Jackson, Mississippi 39201